- 1 How To Enable Face Unlock on Redmi Note 4
- 2 About Enable Face Unlock on Redmi Note 4
- 3 Pre-Requirements to Enable Face Unlock on Redmi Note 4
- 4 Disclaimer
- 5 Steps to Enable Face Unlock on Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4/4X and Mi Max Prime
- 6 How to Use Face Unlock Feature on Xiaomi Redmi Devices
How To Enable Face Unlock on Redmi Note 4
The most wanted and awaited feature on Xiaomi devices is face lock and it is now there. And today in this guide we will teach you how to enable face unlock on Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4/4X and Mi Max Prime.
- Download Resurrection Rom Android 8.1 Oreo Redmi 3s Prime
- Download & Install Oreo Firmware on Honor 9 B360 [Official]
- Download Samsung Galaxy S9 Official stock wallpapers
- Download Pixel 2 Launcher on Any Android Device [Without Root]
About Enable Face Unlock on Redmi Note 4
Face unlock feature is very old and firstly Google came with this but it won’t work that time and After Apple came with this feature now everyone has gone mad over this feature. After all, Apple Did this naa 😛 and now every phone’s company is implementing and trying to add this feature on their phone. Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with this face unlock feature in Xiaomi brand and trying to push this feature in all their latest devices. This feature can easily by pushing software update like Redmi Note 5 pro got it via MIUI V9.2.4. And as always Oneplus did far better than iPhone x also. Oneplus 5/5T has the fastest Face unlock feature and then Redmi Note 5 Pro. You can also enable face unlock on Redmi Note 4 but unofficially. Below, I have written a proper guide to install face unlock on Xiaomi devices.
Huge thanks to XDA member shubhandu and 4pdu forum members (oc01 and Barnum) for compiling the TWRP-flashable mod that’d allow users to enable Redmi Note 4 Face Unlock feature. The developer confirmed that this mod will work on MIUI V126.96.36.199.NCFMIEK (Stable) and MIUI 9 8.2.8 (Developer) stock ROMs. This mod will modify the system by installing the modified system.apk, miuikeyguard.apk and the required lib files to enable face unlock on Redmi Note 4. This Mod supports some more devices as you have seen their name in the title of the post.
Pre-Requirements to Enable Face Unlock on Redmi Note 4
Make the Backup of important apps, messages, and contacts.
Don’t try this guide on any other phone.
you need to root your device.
You need to install and recovery mode like TWRP & CWM.
Before starting this tutorial make sure your device is rooted and has the latest custom recovery like TWRP/CWM. Androidtalkie.com is not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile during the process. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. How To Enable Face Unlock on Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4/4X, Mi Max Prime.
Download the TWRP flashable mod
- Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max Prime: FaceID_XRN4X_188.8.131.52+(NCFMIEK).zip
- Redmi 4/4X: FaceID-Santoni_9.2.5.zip
Steps to Enable Face Unlock on Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4/4X and Mi Max Prime
- First of all, download the given files from the download section.
- Then connect the phone to USB data transfer cable to PC/Laptop.
- And select “transfer file” option
- Copy the .Zip files which you have downloaded transfer it to internal storage.
- Now, disconnect the device and switch it off.
- Now, boot up devices by press Vol. down button and Power as well. In after 2-3 sec. You will feel a vibration and instantly leave the power button just hold down the Vol. down button.
- And you will boot it to TWRP and after swiping to right you will see “Install” option click on that
- Select the “FaceID_XRN4X_184.108.40.206+(NCFMIEK).zip” file.
- Swipe the button on the screen to enable Face Unlock on Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4/4X, and Mi Max Prime.
- When the flashing process is complete, “Reboot System”
Now, the flashing procedure is completed successfully, now see for the setup procedure.
How to Use Face Unlock Feature on Xiaomi Redmi Devices
- Open “Settings”.
- Scroll down until you find “Lock Screen & Password” option
- Tap on “Add face data” and confirm by entering your password/pin.
- Add your face and Once complete, hit “Done”.
Voila!! you have successfully installed and set up the face unlock feature on your Xiaomi Devices.
Please don’t forget to give your feedback, as it is very important for us 🙂