- 1 Android 8.0 Oreo For Honor 8 Pro based on AOSP
- 2 ScreenShots
- 3 Changelog
- 4 Disclaimer
2017 Released Honor 8 Pro has received the AOSP 8.0 which is based on android Oreo with the latest security patch. I really wondered how this device gets the ROM because still many of the devices are left which should get the Custom Oreo ROM. Well, it has received the latest Android version so, it’s our duty to test it and let you know about this ROM. Install AOSP 8.0 For Honor 8 Pro is it good or not?
- Download Latest SuperSu v2.82 (Flashable Zip and APK)
- How To Install Xposed Framework on Android Oreo 8.0/8.1
- How to fix ‘Unfortunately Message app has stopped’ error
- How To Enable Face Unlock Feature on Oneplus 3/3t
Android 8.0 Oreo For Honor 8 Pro based on AOSP
AOSP is always considered as one of the best custom ROMs on the planet because AOSP refers to Android-Open-Source-Project and of course, many of you know what is AOSP and everything about it and if you don’t just Google it. You will know it better. Treble was the one reason behind the fast development of this ROM. I think many of the users didn’t expect that it will come out this soon. Now, leave this part as I have done little introduction to AOSP.
In this guide, we will teach you how to install Android 8.0 Oreo For Honor 8 Pro based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Don’t worry we will explain you step by step and if you will face still some problem then you contact me through comments, FB page etc. Download all the necessary files from the download section. And look at the changes or bugs and last thing screenshots all are written down below. This is the first build of the ROM so, it might have lots of bugs too. So don’t use it as our daily driver. Must check out the performance according to you.
* v0 – initial version
- never released
* v1 – beta release
- fixed Bluetooth
- fixed FPS
- fixed tethering
- fixed MicroSD
- enabled doze
* v2 – stable release
- Say hello to GApps (Play Store, Google Calendar, Gboard, Google App, Search)
- huawei stock camera is now included (beauty mode is not working, the picture can be viewed in the gallery)
- Music & Gallery2 are gone, replaced by Lineage gallery and a modified variant of SnapdragonMusic
- Update the system side security patch from 2017-11-05 to 2018-01-05
- fixed the display glitches
- fixed sim lost after reboot bug
- fixed offline charging
- fixed encryption
- fixed aosp keyboard FC (replaced with Gboard)
- fixed automatic APN detection
Before starting this tutorial make sure your device is rooted and has the latest custom recovery like TWRP/CWM. Androidtalkie.com is not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile during the process. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Download and Install AOSP 8.0 For Honor 8 Pro based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Make sure your phone is charged up to 80%
Make the Backup of important apps, messages, and contacts.
Don’t try this guide on any other phone.
you need to root your device.
Download AOSP ROM system image
How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo-based AOSP ROM on Honor 8 Pro
- If you’re on EMUI 8.0 beta ROM, go to Settings > System > About phone and tap the build number several times to enable developer options. In the developer options, enable USB debugging.
- Connect your phone to the PC and enable USB debugging on your device.
- Open the ADB command interface and use the following command to boot your phone in fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now flash the downloaded system image using the following command.
Replace /path/to/ with the location of your system.img file.
- Wait until the process gets completed then disconnect your device.
- Then, Hold the Power and Volume Up button together until your phone vibrates. It will boot into stock recovery mode.
- In the stock recovery, select Wipe/Factory reset and confirm the process.
- Reboot your device and Congratulations you have a fully working Android Oreo-based AOSP ROM.
Without custom ROM life will be very simple for me. I love to flash customs. And my favorite one is Ressurection Remix ROM. Let me know your favorite custom ROMs in the comment section.
Please don’t forget to give your feedback, as it is very important for us 🙂