Good news for the Xiaomi Mi 4 that Android Oreo is now available. Yeah, you heard me right. One of the Xda developers made this ROM and he is from India and the name is vasishath. The ROM name is AOSP. This ROM has all the Android Oreo features and this is the first device which is receiving android Oreo. But these are the beta version. You can try also. Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Xiaomi Mi 4.
Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Xiaomi Mi 4
We have shared the full guide, how to Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Xiaomi Mi 4. We have given all the downloadable links and download all the files. Below we have listed the working and issues as well. We will update the ROM version whenever it gets the update.
Phone boots luckily
Everything that is important
Extra stuff added
Before starting this tutorial make sure your device is rooted and has the latest custom recovery like TWRP/CWM. Androidtalkie.com is not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile during the process. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Xiaomi Mi 4.
- Make sure your phone is charged up to 80%
- Your device is rooted.
- Make the Backup of important apps, messages, and contacts.
- Latest CWM/ TWRP recovery must be installed.
- Do not try this guide on any other Android device.
Steps To Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Xiaomi Mi 4
- First of all, Install TWRP Recovery Xiaomi Mi 4 and unlock the bootloader.
- Download the AOSP ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it to your Xiaomi Mi 4 using your data cable.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Mi 4 into the recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + power key.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode, clear Wipe Cache/Dalvik and then go to install and flash the AOSP ROM. After this install GApps files, then go back and reboot it.
#Another Step for those who failed at installing
1) Flash ROM, you will got error at here
2) At twrp, go to mount section unmount and mount again “system”
3) Go Advanced / File Manager, go to system/bin/devicecheck.sh and click to chmod
4) Install rom again without wiping anything
At gapps, twrp will be frozen, wait like 10 mins, twrp will reboot
GApps -> Download Link
If you are facing any problem regarding this comment down, so I will try to resolve/help this.
hope you like this post. 🙂