Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S4, yes it is now available. This ROM is basically AOSP ROM (Android Open Source Projects) which is currently running on Android 8.0 Oreo. Today we will teach you how you can update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 8.0 Oreo. Install AOSP 8.0 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 is literally exciting. If you are interested in installing this Oreo ROM then make sure to read this full guide. Without skipping anything.
Install AOSP 8.0 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4
We have covered so many Android Oreo 8.0 articles on our website. You can check this too. We will teach how you can Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S4 [AOSP 8.0 ROM]. We have given all the downloadable links and download all the files. We will update the ROM version whenever it gets the update. This ROM may have some minor issues. This ROM is not stable for now.
- Stock camera app half broken (Workaround: install Camu app from Playstore, Photos and Videos works fine)
- NFC (removed from build ATM)
- RIL: outgoing calls broken on GSM devices (everything else works fine), completely broken on CDMAs variants (WIP)
- BUG REPORT NOR ALLOWED AT THIS STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT
- CDMA Users: logcat and Radio logs for RIL are needed, as I don’t have a CDMA device for testing, otherwise CDMAs variants will be broken forever
Check out: How To Install Lineage Os 15 on Lenovo P2
Before starting this tutorial make sure your device is rooted and has the latest custom recovery like TWRP/CWM. Androidtalkie.com is not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile during the process. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S4 [AOSP 8.0 ROM].
- Make sure your phone is charged up to 80%
- Your device is rooted.
- Make the Backup of important apps, messages, and contacts.
- Latest CWM/ TWRP recovery must be installed.
- Do not try this guide on any other Android device.
Steps to Install AOSP 8.0 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4
- First of all, Install TWRP Recovery and Unlock bootloader Samsung Galaxy S4
- Download the AOSP 8.0 ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it to your Samsung Galaxy S4 using your data cable. (put it on your SD card or pen drive, because we never know which ROM clear your data.)
- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S4 into the recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + volume up + power key.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode, clear Wipe Cache/Dalvik and then go to install and flash the AOSP 8.0 ROM. After this flash Super Su & GApps files, then go back and reboot it.
AOSP 8.0 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android Oreo 8.0)
GApps (It is not necessary to install Android Oreo GApps)