Yeah!!! Finally, android Oreo 8.0 is available is for Huawei Mate 9. 20 days ago this Oreo ROM was in beta version but now it is ready to go out via OTA. Update Huawei Mate 9 to android 8.0 Oreo manually and the ROM is based on EMUI 8.0. Users are pretty excited about this update. If you want to install Official Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Mate 9 then read the whole guide properly.
Official Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Mate 9
This update comes with better User experience and performance. This comes with many bugs fixes and some new features. We have shared the full guide how to Install Official Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Mate 9. We have provided the downloadable links as well as. If you are interested then go through this article.
Check this out: How to Install Lineage OS 15 on Nexus 5
Firmware Information –
- Device – Huawei Mate 9
- Model – MHA-L29/MHA-L09
- Android Version – 8.0
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B321
- Build Number – MHA-L29 184.108.40.2061 (C432log/C636log)
- Region – Europe/Asia
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Changes – Changelog
Androidtalkie.com is not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile during the process. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Install Official Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Mate 9.
Make sure your phone is charged up to 80%
Make the Backup of important apps, messages, and contacts.
Don’t try this guide on any other phone.
1) Download 220.127.116.111 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29 18.104.22.1681 (C432log) (Europe) –
- Custom ROM URL – http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1819/g1699/v100248/f1
2) Download 22.214.171.1241 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29 126.96.36.1991 (C636log) (Asia) –
- Custom ROM URL – http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1819/g1699/v98761/f2
3) Download Huawei Mate 9 188.8.131.521 Oreo Update MHA-L09 (Europe) –
- Custom ROM URL – http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1819/g1699/v100243/f1/full/update.zip
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Mate 9 (184.108.40.2061) –
Method 1 – Update Mate 9 to Oreo using HWOTA Tool
1) Requirements for this method.
- You need to unlock the bootloader of Huawei Mate 9.
- Download HWOTA_MHA.zip file.
- Download the above three files and rename the “update_data_full_public.zip” file to update_data_public.zip and “update_full_hw_usa.zip” to update_all_hw.zip.
2) First, download the HWOTA_MHA.zip from above and extract it on your PC or your device SD Card.
3) Now download all three update, data, and public files (make sure you rename the files as mentioned above) and copy them either in the external SDCard inside an HWOTA folder or in the PC in the C:\..\HWOTA\update folder.
4) Run the update.bat file as an administrator, It will ask you if you copied the files. Press any key to continue.
5) Now connect your device and Reboot into Bootloader mode using “Volume Down + Power” or just use “adb reboot bootloader” then press any key.
6) The above step will install TWRP in your device.
7) Now Disconnect USB Cable and turn off your device and use “Volume Up + Power” to enter TWRP.
8) Once you’re in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on your computer.
9) If your files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER and if files are saved in the HWOTA/Update folder on your PC, type 2 and press ENTER.
10) It’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
11) Done! Above step will start the installation of files on your device
Method 2 – Update Mate 9 to EMUI 8.0 using HiSuite
1) First you need to download two files.
2) Run Huawei Updater, check the box “Custom ROM” and “Custom Port”
3) In Custom ROM enter the correct ROM version for flashing [for example: MHA-L29 220.127.116.111 (C432log)]
4) In Custom ROM enter correct ROM URL (For example: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1819/g1699/v100248/f1)
5) Now click on “Start” button and accept waiting alert messages.
6) Now connect your phone to HiSuite. Make sure device recognized by HiSuite and connected properly.
7) In HiSuite windows, open Settings –> General –> Custom Proxy and configure below changes –
- Address: 127.0.0.1
- Port: 41279
8) Go back to main HiSuite windows and click on “System update”
9) Press Update and wait for download firmware.
10) Your device will reboot and start upgrading.
Please don’t forget to give your feedback, as it is very important for us 🙂