Now the wait is over finally, Xiaomi launched its MIUI 9 Beta version for Mi 6. It is official Miui 9 China Beta ROM. Here the list of devices getting MiUi 9 and check out the List of Xiaomi Phones getting Android Nougat Update. Seriously Xiaomi has done a nice job because if you want these Android Nougat features in your device then your device must have Android Nougat but the devices which are getting MIUI 9 but No Android Nougat and can also get this features. If you are interested in installing Official MIUI 9 in Xiaomi Mi 6. Then must read this post carefully. (Install Official MIUI 9 in Xiaomi Mi 6)
Install Official MIUI 9 in Xiaomi Mi 6
Everyone is waiting for this MIUI 9 ROM. Soon the user will get this Miui 9 via OTA update after 11 August, right now it is in Beta state. So, there are may some bugs also. We have given all the details about Miui 9 and at the end of the post, we have given video which contains all the features of MIUI 9. (Install Official MIUI 9 in Xiaomi Mi 6)
Features Of MIUI 9
- Quickly switch Button
- Split Screen
- 3 new theme added
- New Wallpapers
- New default theme
- Remove Gaps between the apps in the Memory Management
- Smart Assistant
Androidtalkie.com is not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile during the process. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Install Official MIUI 9 in Xiaomi Mi 6.
1) Make sure your phone is charged up to 80%
2) Make the Backup of important apps, messages, and contacts.
3) Don’t try this guide on any other phone.
4) you need to root your device.
5) You need to install and recovery mode like TWRP & CWM.
Steps To Install Official MIUI 9 in Xiaomi Mi 6
There are 2 methods to flash MIUI 9 in Mi 6, so if you have locked or unlocked bootloader this method will work, if your device is rooted or unrooted it will work. So without any further due let’s get started.
First of all, download all the files according to your requirements from the download section.
Reboot into Fastboot Mode or Bootloader Mode. To do so, switch off your device and now press and hold Volume Down+Power buttons simultaneously to enter Fastboot mode.
Now, connect your Android phone to PC/Laptop via USB cable.
Extract the MIUI 9 ROM zip file which you have downloaded from the download section.
Now, enter the extracted folder and copy the path from the address bar.
Install and run the MiFlash Tool (MIUI 9 flashing tool) and paste the folder path of the ROM as shown below.
Click on the first Refresh button (highlighted in yellow). Mi Flash tool should automatically recognize the device.
Now, click the second Flash button (highlighted in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green.
Now boot your device and you will find the new MIUI 9 ROM.
- First of all, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Mi 6 and unlock the bootloader.
- Download the MIUI 9 ROM TWRP file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it to your Mi 6 using your data cable.
- Reboot your Mi 6 into the recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + power key.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode, clear Wipe Cache/Dalvik and then go to install and flash the MIUI 9 TWRP ROM. After this install GApps files, then go back and reboot it.
- MIUI 9 China Beta for Mi 6 (Fastboot ROM) – Download
- MIUI 9 China Alpha ROM for Mi 6 (Fastboot ROM) – Download
If you have any queries regarding this then, you can ask me via FB page or the comment section.
Hope you like it. 🙂