Now, Root Redmi 4x and install TWRP but for this all you need to unlock the bootloader first. You can do so many things after unlocking bootloader and install TWRP like you can make whole backup of your phone, Install custom ROMs and change boot animations and some cool stuff. In this guide, we will teach you how to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi 4x. Redmi 4 and Redmi 4x is same, the only difference in the name. Redmi 4x is China variants and Redmi 4 is Indian variants.
Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi 4x
Androidtalkie.com is not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile during the process. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi 4x.
Make sure your phone is charged up to 80%
Make the Backup of important apps, messages, and contacts.
Don’t try this guide on any other phone.
TWRP Recovery for Redmi 4 (Rename to .img)
Install TWRP in Redmi 4x
1) First, enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by press and hold Volume Down + power keys or by typing below command in cmd window
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in the Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press Enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Redmi 4x.
7) Now disconnect your phone and boot into Recovery mode by pressing and hold the Volume Up + Power Key and follow the below process to Root Redmi 4x.
How To Root Redmi 4x
- Download SuperSu Zip from above link and copy it to the external memory.
- Boot your phone into Recovery mode by pressing VOL UP + POWER Buttons.
- On the TWRP home go to Install and navigate to the SuperSu zip.
- Swipe to install. Reboot your phone.
If you face any problem regarding then you can ask me via FB page or the comment section.
Hope you like it. 🙂