- 1 Xiaomi Mi 5 Android Oreo Firmware Update
- 2 Download Xiaomi Mi 5 Android Oreo Firmware Update
- 3 Xiaomi Mi 5 Android Oreo Firmware Update Pre-Requirements
- 4 Disclaimer
Android Oreo 8.0 has arrived for Xiaomi Mi 5 in Beta version. But soon you will be able to use in stable version too. You will get this update via OTA as MiUi 8.3.1 global beta. In case you want to try Android Oreo 8.0 on Xiaomi Mi 5 then you can Install it manually as well by reading this Guide. We have shared full guide how to Download Xiaomi Mi 5 Android Oreo Firmware Update.
- How To Enable Face Unlock on Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4/4X, Mi Max Prime
- Download Resurrection Rom Android 8.1 Oreo Redmi 3s Prime
- Download Pixel 2 Launcher on Any Android Device [Without Root]
- Download Samsung Galaxy S9 Official stock wallpapers
- Download Mi Note 2 Android Oreo Firmware Update
Xiaomi Mi 5 Android Oreo Firmware Update
Miui 8.3.1update is based on Android Oreo 8.0. This is update is already released and many Xiaomi Mi 5 users received this update on their devices. This time Fastboot ROM and Recovery ROM are also available for flashing. Don’t confuse between Fastboot and Recovery ROM. Both are same just the difference is fastboot ROM is used to unbrick or Clear every data and customization that you have done. We have mentioned all the new changes in the update and given step by step guide as well to flash the Miui 8.3.1 oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5.
Yeah, just wait for few days you will receive if not then do apply this guide. Update come via OTA (Over-The-Air) so vary region to region. Go to settings>>About Phone >> System updates >> Check for update. Otherwise, Download latest MIUI 8.3.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5 from below.
Xiaomi Mi 5 Android 8.0 Oreo MIUI Global Beta ROM Features
- Oreo Update
- Fix – Voice is low during call [02-12]
- Fix – The contents of the notification bar are covered by the black area [02-12]
- Fix – Saved contacts are shown as numbers in call log [02-12]
- Fix – Mobile phone random reboot when using MI mover and MI drop [02-27]
- Fix – Missing Titles for ‘Bookmark’ & ‘Manage Downloads’ for Text Size M [02-27]
- Fix – Colored notifications don’t display correctly [02-27]
Download Xiaomi Mi 5 Android Oreo Firmware Update
Xiaomi Mi 5 Android Oreo Firmware Update Pre-Requirements
Make sure your phone is charged up to 80%
Make the Backup of important apps, messages, and contacts.
Don’t try this guide on any other phone.
Androidtalkie.com is not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile during the process. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Download Xiaomi Mi 5 Android Oreo Firmware Update.
How to Install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5 –
if your device is rooted or unrooted it will work. So without any further due let’s get started.
First of all, download all the files according to your requirements from the download section.
Reboot into Fastboot Mode or Bootloader Mode. To do so, switch off your device and now press and hold Volume Down+Power buttons simultaneously to enter Fastboot mode.
Now, connect your Android phone to PC/Laptop via USB cable.
Extract the MIUI 8.3.1 ROM zip file which you have downloaded from the download section.
Now, enter the extracted folder and copy the path from the address bar.
Install and run the MiFlash Tool (MIUI 9 flashing tool) and paste the folder path of the ROM as shown below.
Click on the first Refresh button (highlighted in yellow). Mi Flash tool should automatically recognize the device.
Now, click the second Flash button (highlighted in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green.
Now boot your device and you will find the new MIUI 9 ROM.
- Download the latest MIUI 8.3.1 Stable ROM file from the download area.
Connect your phone to the Windows PC/Lappy via USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device.
Launch ‘Updater’ app on your device
MIUI 6,7,8：Click the 3 dots at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you have put in the ‘downloaded_rom’.
After choosing the right ROM file, your device will begin upgrading.
And automatically device boots up in the new version.
Please don’t forget to give your feedback, as it is very important for us 🙂