Yeah!!! Finally, android Oreo 8.0 is available is for Huawei Mate 9 Pro. 20 days ago this Oreo ROM was in beta version but now it is ready to go out via OTA. Update Huawei Mate 9 Pro to android 8.0 Oreo manually and the ROM is based on EMUI 8.0. Users are pretty excited about this update. If you want to install Official Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Mate 9 Pro then read the whole guide properly.
Official Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Mate 9 Pro
This update comes with better User experience and performance. This comes with many bugs fixes and some new features. We have shared the full guide how to Install Official Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Mate 9 Pro. We have provided the downloadable links as well as. If you are interested then go through this article.
Check this out: Official Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Mate 9
Firmware Information –
- Device – Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- Model – LON-L29
- Android Version – 8.0
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B323
- Build Number – LON-L29 184.108.40.2063 (C432log)/LON-L29 220.127.116.112 (C636)
- Region – Europe/Asia
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Changes – Changelog
Androidtalkie.com is not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile during the process. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Install Official Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Mate 9 Pro.
Make sure your phone is charged up to 80%
Make the Backup of important apps, messages, and contacts.
Don’t try this guide on any other phone.
1) Download Huawei Mate 9 Pro 18.104.22.1683 Oreo Update LON-L29 22.214.171.1243 (C432log) (Europe) –
- Custom ROM URL – http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1913/g1699/v99564/f1
2) Download 126.96.36.1992 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 LON-L29 188.8.131.522 (C636) (Asia) –
- Custom ROM URL – http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1913/g1699/v99744/f1
3) Download 184.108.40.2062 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 LON-L29 220.127.116.112 (C185) (Middle-East) –
- Custom ROM URL – http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1913/g1699/v99760/f1
4) Download Huawei Mate 9 Android Oreo Firmware – Download
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Mate 9 Pro –
Method 1 – Update Mate 9 Pro to Oreo using HWOTA Tool
1) Requirements for this method.
- You need to unlock the bootloader of Huawei Mate 9 Pro first.
- Download HWOTA_LON.zip file.
- Download the above three files and rename the “update_data_full_public.zip” file to update_data_public.zip and “update_full_hw_usa.zip” to update_all_hw.zip.
2) First, download the HWOTA_LON.zip from above and extract it on your PC or your device SD Card.
3) Now download all three update, data, and public files (make sure you rename the files as mentioned above) and copy them either in the external SDCard inside an HWOTA folder or in the PC in the C:\..\HWOTA\update folder.
4) Run the update.bat file as an administrator, It will ask you if you copied the files. Press any key to continue.
5) Now connect your phone and Reboot into Bootloader or Fastboot mode using “Volume Down + Power” or just use “adb reboot bootloader” and then press any key.
6) The above step will install TWRP in your device.
7) Now Disconnect USB Cable and switch off your phone and use “Volume Up + Power” to enter in TWRP.
8) Once you’re in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on your computer/Laptop.
9) If your files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER and if files are saved in the HWOTA/Update folder on your PC, type 2 and press ENTER.
10) It’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
11) Done! Above step will start the installation of files on your device
Method 2 – Update Mate 9 pro to EMUI 8.0 using HiSuite
1) First, you need to download two files.
2) Run Huawei Updater, check the box “Custom ROM” and “Custom Port”
3) In Custom ROM enter the correct ROM version for flashing [for example: LON-L29 18.104.22.1683 (C432log)]
4) In Custom ROM enter correct ROM URL (For example http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1913/g1699/v99564/f1)
5) Now click on “Start” button and accept waiting alert messages.
6) Now connect your phone to HiSuite. Make sure device recognized by HiSuite and connected properly.
7) In HiSuite windows, open Settings –> General –> Custom Proxy and configure below changes –
- Address: 127.0.0.1
- Port: 41279
8) Go back to main HiSuite windows and click on “System update”
9) Press Update and wait for download firmware.
10) Your device will reboot and start upgrading.
Please don’t forget to give your feedback, as it is very important for us 🙂