Now, you can unlock the bootloader of Honor 9. Unlocking bootloader is important for installing custom recovery and custom ROM. This is the major step if you want to do some modifications on your device. First of all, we will unlock the bootloader then install TWRP and then will Root Honor 9. These methods are same for every Honor and Huawei devices, even in the other phones too. Maybe you guys feel this method little complicated for those who are new in this. But we have explained it well. (Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Honor 9)
Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Honor 9
We have shared the full guide, How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Honor 9. We have given all the downloadable link as well as. The easiest and the safest way to unlock your bootloader. If you are interested in this, then follow guide. (Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Honor 9)
Things You Need To Know Before Proceeding
- Unlocking bootloader will void your device’s warranty forever and you can’t claim it back
- It will erase your data like photos, videos, apps etc. it is better to take a backup
- Your battery must be 70-80% charged while doing the same.
- Follow the given article correctly or you will brick your device.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock in the developer’s option if developers option is not enabled then tap the build number in the about phone section in settings for 7 times to enable it.
- Download ADB fastboot for PC/Laptop from the download section.
How To Install TWRP
1) First, enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by press and hold Volume Down + power keys or by typing below command in cmd window
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in the Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press Enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Honor 9.
7) Now disconnect your phone and boot into Recovery mode by pressing and hold the Volume Up + Power Key and follow the below process to Root Honor 9.
How To Root Honor 9
- Download SuperSu Zip from above link and copy it to the external memory.
- Boot your phone into Recovery mode by pressing VOL UP + POWER Buttons.
- On the TWRP home go to Install and navigate to the SuperSu zip.
- Swipe to install. Reboot your phone.
TWRP Recovery for Honor 9 (Rename it recovery.img and save it on ADB and fastboot folder)
SuperSu.zip to root Honor 9 (Rename it recovery.img and save it on ADB and fastboot folder)
SuperSu apk (Install it after flashing the SuperSu.Zip file)
If you face any problem regarding then you can ask me via FB page or the comment section.
Hope you like it. 🙂